Thursday, March 8, 2007

Missing my home

I saw a movie yesterday named "Little Miss Sunshine". Maybe most people will say that is a comedy, but for me, it's a movie telling people the defination of family. Every member in the family must trust, support, love and help each other. A family is the most safe place that makes us relax. In the beginning of the movie, the adult characters seemed forget this point. They were stressed and didn't realize the importance of family. They only focused on money, job or their own life, but forgot to enjoy the time having dinner with family. The trip to California for the young girl's joining "Little Miss Sunshine"competition made the family aware of how many things and happy time they had missed with the family.
The movie reminds that when I was in China, I always hung out with my friends and rarely stayed at home. My parents never complained about that. A few days just before I left to Canada, I suddenly realized that I should spend more time with my parents because they will be missing me soooo much after I left... Now...I am in Canada alone. Altough I have my dear friends, I still miss the place where I can relax , where I am loved so deeply, which has the two people that I love soooooo much, which is called "Home"....

7 comments:

anna said...

Yes, you are right, it is very hard to be alone abroad. Maybe it could help you to realise that your parents are absolutely happy because their daughter is studying in Canada and has a very succesful future. Be patient. You will succeed. Yulia.

Scott Douglas said...

It sounds like you are really feeling homesick. Don't feel too bad. Focus on all the good things going on :-)

I also thought Little Miss Sunshine was a great movie!

betsyliwen2006 said...

I also miss my family very much!!!
maybe we can go to china together!!~~

SabRina said...

Hello Amy,

that's a great movie!!!

and I missing my home too!!

June said...

yeah, you are right. i have the same feeling with you. i miss my family so much that i widh i can go back china as soon as possible!

serenity said...

family is a place that we can share our happiness and soys.Parents always not complain about your fault.
I have the same feeling that same with U

Sane said...

ah Amy, too bad u burned up the story for me now cuz I didn't watch the movie :P but don't worry, everybody miss their homes. Try to do things that will distract you from feeling homesick like I do ;)

Cheers
Hussain