Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Such a kinky weather

The weather in Calgary is sort of weird... I mean it's already April now...and it's snowing outside... My Mom called me yeaterday, and she said that Beijing is quite warm and sunny. Everything is turning into light green, and it's a comfortable spring month. When she asked me about the weather here, I said everything is white and Calgary has no spring....just long winter and short summer.
The temperature is going up and down every week... I remembered that on the first orientation day, an instructor said to us that if you donnt like the weather here, just wait for 5 minutes...A friend of mine, who has stayed in Calgary for couple of years, told me that donnt be tricked by the shining sun in the morning. You might experience summer in the morning and winter in the evening, or it also might snow when the sun is shuning brightly.....

Hope summer is coming soon..........

3 comments:

Felice said...

Me too! I cant wait till nice weather is back here so I can ride my bike to school again! :)

Steven said...

I think the reason of the great change of weather recently is because of the transition from winter to spring. In addition, I agree with you that the winter is very long here.

anna said...

Hi Amy,
I enjoy winter in Calgary because inspite it is as long as in Russia winter in Calgary has some breaks when you can feel some signs of spring. In Ruissia winter is really boring.
Yulia